Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, January 28, 2005

First Match


Thursday was my first day of participating in league play, our first game last week had to be postponed due to a medical emergency of a teammate, and we started against our arch rivals. It was a challenge as we are short a teammate and the four of us that were left had to play all the games in our thirteen game match formant The games we play are best two of three legs; Doubles Cricket, Doubles 501, four games of Singles 501, four games of singles 301, and a single team game of 1001 or 701. That being said it makes for a long night for a guy who has not played much for the past few years.


The highlights for me we feeling the competitive spirit rekindle, and realizing how far I have to go to polish my skills. Another highlight was having a new player on our team who has not played competitive darts before put on a strong ( had a real shot of taking down the nights top player; won a leg and had a shot at the 3rd leg) showing, and a good friend took out the team game to end the night.

The last thought is that thirteen games is a long night, and I was very wired once I got home replaying much of the night's matches in my head.


The bitter reality is we lost the match.

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google