Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

SEWA-darts.com: A couple of frustrations - Local/British darts culture

I read several darts forums and I always enjoy reading a great post. I love it even more when that post leads to many great and thoughtful responses. The following post is one that I really enjoyed and it's very informative as well!

SEWA-darts.com & Dartplayer.net:A couple of frustrations - Local/British darts culture...:
Post by Barry French
"I just wanted expand my thoughts on British culture, speaking as a Brit. I didn't want to do it in the linked thread as it wasn't right for that topic. So here it is.

I started playing 6 months ago, and from the outset I was determined that I would improve and go about my business the best way I could. I threw for a couple of months without getting much advice, but then as I saw quick improvement I wanted help from certain people. From here on, i found frustrations with the british darting culture which I wanted to share with you. Bear in mind, this is just my personal experience.

Finding a practise partner:

I had extreme difficulty with this. I was unhappy playing pub darts after a couple of months, as I'd reached the same level as most of the players there and felt my growth (in darts) could be stopped if I try to be the big fish in the little pond.

To combat this fear, I found the Warwickshire county website/forum and signed up there. They were my local county and thought if I could show passion/ambition for the game there that when i do improve, then the step to Superleague/County is made easier. " Read this full post and responses by clicking this link!

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google