Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Cats who like darts....

Cats who like darts....

Most cats that I have encountered have little or no interest my dart practice, however of late things have seemed to change. To set the scene I must tell you that there is a 30 inch tall, 36 in wide, 18 inch deep two drawer file cabinet under my practice board which most of the cats ignore, but one really likes to climb onto the cabinet, and inspect the dart board from time to time.

Yesterday morning while I practiced darts three cats gathered to watch, and after a few darts two cats (thoroughly unimpressed) wandered off to do whatever cats do. However Tippy, a good sized male kitten less than a year old, watched my every move and the flight of each and every dart. After 10 minutes of this Tippy jumped up onto the file cabinet, climbed the backboard, and pawed at the darts as I attempted to pull them from the board. I chased him away, and watched him run across the room towards the other cats; I hoped he would play, or find one of his favorite toys.

As I threw my second dart form the corner of my eye I noticed a streak flying towards the top of the cabinet, leaping onto the backboard, locking on with the claws of three paws, and pawing my second dart out of the board with the fourth paw. Once again I chased Tippy away, but this time I got his favorite string toy, a string attached to a stick, and engaged him in several minutes of tug of war and chase the end of the string. When he had gotten the toy from me, and was busy entwining himself in the string, I felt it was safe to resume my practice.

After several darts I hit a wire and the dart bounced; at the same moment Tippy leaped into view from somewhere on my right. A collision appeared unavoidable, and the questions the vet would asked flashed into my mind. The thoughts on Tippy's mind must have been different, because while gliding through the air he reached left towards his elusive prey.

Tippy crashed to the floor in a sprawling roll, and leaping up pounced onto the dart (now sticking into the floor) that had missed him by inches....

1 comment:

Darttalker said...

Not sure about score keeping, but was thinking he might make a good team mascot.

search this site or the web...

Google