Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, August 05, 2005

I just want to hit more twenties.....

A common complaint of dart players that play '01 games: I'm getting upset because I'm hitting 41 or 45 almost every turn. Is it in my head because my throw feels the same every time?

I know i can hit 100's and 140's but they're hard to come by right now.... Help!

My answer to that is:
Without seeing your throw it would be hard to say what the problem could be, but that being said when I'm having that problem I use a simple test.

I stand at the line use my best form and throwing technique and try to duplicate the exact form and technique with every throw (three turns of three darts each). I do not select a specspecificget, and let the darts fall where they may. If all three on all three turns the darts land in a tight group its not throwing form & technique that are the problem. Then I throw a dart at dead center; double 20, double bull, double 3, next turn is double 11, double bull, double 6. While hitting everything I aimed at would be nice I'm mostly looking to see if my darts are close to the target and make a straight vertical line then horizontal line.

If it's not my throwing technique, or aim, that's the problem then it's what I'm thinking. My frequent troublesome thoughts are....
- OK that was a nice trip now don't mess it up...
- I really need a ton or better and that trip really helped....
- That last dart was really close to the wire.....
- That dart hardly stuck in the board... just a little harder this time...
- I can't believe how far behind I am....
- I can't believe how far ahead I am....

So could this all add up to just thinking much or trying too hard?

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google