Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

'01 Practice Routine - Phil The Power Taylor Forum

An interesting practice game posted in the Phil Taylor Forum

My wife and I have developed a twist on an old Burma Road game. After looking at several '01 out sheets that are on the internet, I have realized that the 9 most common target numbers for Triples and Doubles are the Bull, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 14, 12, and 8. 65% of all outs from 170 and down are of a combination of these numbers.

So we devised the following set up in our Burma Road games. List 8, 12, Double, 14, 16, Triple, 17, 18, 3 in a bed, 19, 20, and Bull down the chalkboard. Start at 50 points like the usual game. If you miss the target numbers then your score is cut in half. The kicker is that on Dbls, Trps, and 3 in a bed, you have to hit one of the target numbers instead of just any number.

By doing this for a couple of weeks my wife has improved in her 301 league from 26.7 points per round to 42.5 points per round.yeah

Could others give this a try and see if helps.


I'll have to give it a try first chance I get!
I normally play this game with cricket numbers as follows:
15,16
Any double on the board
17,18
Any triple on the board
19,20,
20,Any three in a bed
Bull

Now I will play both games practice, and I will change the "Any" to "use only the numbers in the list."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...Bull, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 14, 12, and 8..."

Seem a bit of an odd set of numbers, though it's a little unclear if the poster was talking doubles or triples. If he's talking set-up shots, my view is that t10 and t13 are suspiciously missing. If he's talking final out shots, I find d19 and d17 a bit unusual and would suggest d10 and d9 to be more common.

search this site or the web...

Google