Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Unicorn: NOSTALGIA TIME AT CARDIFF Sid Waddell uniBlog

The Premier League swept into Cardiff last week and I was swept through with great memories.

I recalled, happily, for several Welsh newspapers the great days of Alan Evans and Leighton Rees, the two men who really put darts on the map in the late 1970s and early 80s. Their flamboyance, character and skill at the Indoor League and on other telly darts grabbed the public imagination. So I was delighted to get a warm letter from Alan’s daughter Claire and her husband Mark thanking me for keeping his name alive. Take it from me, if there had been a Premier League in 1980 Evans and Rees would have been in it – along with Brissy and Lobo. Who do you reckon would have been the other four?
Unicorn: NOSTALGIA TIME AT CARDIFF Sid Waddell uniBlog

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google