Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A good (darts) partner is:

The other day while browsing some dart forums the topic of “What makes a good dart partner” came up. I've played several years; and have partnered with the “Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” when it comes to darts. I won't focus on the negative for now, but these things come to mind when I think about what makes........

A good partner is:
Calm in the face of tough challenge
Confidence in him or herself
Confident that his or her partner will do their best
Not going to engage in a lot of complaining about the other team
Assertive when engaged in a debate about important issues
Able to avoid needless debate
Able to accept when they are not on their game without blaming others, or circumstances
Willing to do their best regardless of their partner's or opponent's abilities
Willing to accept appropriate feedback or instruction and discard the useless chatter
Able to celebrate success without gloating
Able to accept your reasons for taking a shot without a lot of second guessing
Is always optimistic
Is a good sport



I have rarely found all these qualities in one player; but I have found some partners that I truly enjoyed and each has demonstrated several of them, and they are the ones that inspired me to do my best in all levels of competition.


DT

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google