Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, January 20, 2006

Benjamin Markovits - commentary

From the “There's no such thing as bad publicity” department:

New Statesman - Benjamin Markovits can't get worked up about darts: "Yet I couldn't help wondering, as I watched, the ordinary wonder of all sports: why is someone winning and someone losing? What are they doing differently? The throwing motion looked familiar enough. I'm a basketball man, myself; and rules one and two of shooting a jumper in basketball are: keep your elbow in; point it at the target. In any case, that's what the dartsmen did (though they did not, it seemed, either bend their knees or release at the top of their jumps, and there wasn't anyone waving an arm in their faces. There was no defence; I'd have liked to see some)."

There

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google