Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Shore Line Times - Local darts

Taking dead aim at a darts championship: "Eighteen years ago, Steve Wehrle walked into Cook's Pub (now June's Outback) following a softball game. There was a dart match going on.

'A couple of my friends were playing and they were short a player,' recalled Killingworth resident Wehrle. 'They asked me to fill in. I told them I had no idea what the game was about but they said they'd help me and I was amazed at how close I came at what I was aiming at.'

Wehrle, still a player, now runs the Southeastern Connecticut Dart League (SECDLDARTS.com), the largest of about 15 such groups in Connecticut. It ranges from the Rhode Island border to Guilford and includes teams in the Norwich and Middletown areas. Traditionally, the circuit includes between 40-to-50 teams (in A, B and C divisions) and as many as 300-to-400 players. He's been doing it for 17 years."

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google