Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Belleville News-Democrat - Clicks, sticks and the game of darts

Experts aim to keep playing
"Clicks, sticks and the game of darts

BY JAIME INGLE
News-Democrat

Fun is always on target when Mark Lacombe of Caseyville and his stepson, Ken Shaw, throw darts.

Both men prefer steel tip darts, the old-fashioned kind that stick to the dartboard with a distinctive click sound.

'I hear the click, and I know it sticks,' said Mark, 47, after he threw his first set of three. One hit the bull's-eye, an easy 50 points at Dutch Hollow Barn in Belleville.

Most games begin at 301 points or 501 points. Each player throws three darts, then the second player gets his turn. Each dart that hits the board subtracts points from that total. The first player to reach zero wins."

3 comments:

Zeeple said...

Holy Jesus. When I saw your headline I about choked. I hadn't seen the phrase 'Belleville News Democrat' since I was a kid. I grew up in Belleville but I left long before I ever really got into darts. Infact I left and never really went back (at least not for any significant length of time). I used to deliver the Belleville News Demo when I was a kid and I had a couple different routes. I think I delievered that paper for nine years, or at least from the time I was 9 until I left for Alaska after high school.

Glad to know they throw steel in thoses parts.

Darttalker said...

I really enjoy seeing local newspapers covering darts, and I love posting links to that type of article. It's cool that this was a fun flashback for you.
DT

Anonymous said...

that article in the Belleville News Democrat is ME....That was a nice article...I retired now after 24 years and 47 league championships...thanks for the memories....Mark Lacombe

search this site or the web...

Google