Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bull's Eye News- Feature: Captain Fred's Dart Chart

Bull's Eye News- Feature: Captain Fred's Dart Chart: "Captain Fred's Dart Chart
By Captain Fred Everson
When I was in high school, I remember hating football practice. Would that Keyport High had a dart team. For me, practicing my dart game is therapy. It takes my mind off bothersome stuff and allows me to relax with something I really enjoy – throwing darts. On the days when I hit well, it is pure bliss, but even when I don't play well against myself, it is still a wonderful distraction from life's little pains.

To practice with purpose, I made up a little routine described in a previous issue of Bull's-Eye News. I have since developed a chart that helps keep track of how I throw. In brief, here's how it works.

To use this chart, you need a practice round with a numerical value. You can make up one of your own, or you can use mine. Here's how my routine works. I throw three darts each at 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, and the bull for a warm up. Then I repeat the round for score, counting hits on each number, with a triple counting three hits, a double counting two, and a single one. I don't count any slop in my practice round and I keep a running tally in my head, and then log the total on my chart. After five days, a chart might look like the one illustrated below."

This sounds a lot like Cricket Count Up:
SEWA-darts.com - Cricket Count Up: " Cricket Count Up

Practice Routines: Erik writes 'Thanks to CraigB from dartplayer.net I've been playing a new practice game lately called "Cricket Count Up". It has helped my consistency in cricket, so I thought I would share this:"

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google