Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Northern Echo: Nixon puts friendship aside in BDO World Championship quest

"Nixon puts friendship aside in BDO World Championship quest

PHILL NIXON insists there will be no sentiment involved when he goes head to head with one of his closest friends in the first round of the BDO Darts World Championships early next year.

Nixon is due to face fellow England international and Cheshire County's Darryl Fitton when the competition opens on Sunday, January 7 at Lakeside.

The pair have met in various tournaments over the last 20 years but Nixon has the slight edge over the 2005 BDO semi-finalist and believes he can progress to the next stage at his friend's expense.
continued...

'I know most of the players and they know me but I'm pretty confident,' said the 50-year-old. 'I've beat Darryl more times than he's beaten me. But we've played each other that many times I'm not sure what the overall score is.
The Northern Echo: Darts - Nixon puts friendship aside in BDO World Championship quest "

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google