Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Monday, December 18, 2006

Take the year off and become champ! Justin Irwin - Bachelor of Darts

It's time to revisit this topic:
... and it was not a joke! If you want to find out how things turned out for Justin just read the following and then follow the link....

On December 3rd 2005 Justin Irwin fulfilled an ambition - to play in the qualifiers for the darts World Championships. The draw was unkind to him, and he was paired against a previous World Championship Quarter finalist (and current world number 44). Justin lost, but was delighted with how he played - particularly hitting four perfect 60’s to start the second leg.
Justin Irwin - Bachelor of Darts

This could only be a Joke!

(Original post April 10, 2005)
I’ll be world champion, says executive who quit for darts

At 35, Justin Irwin has now given up his job managing a £3 million ($5,658,135 USD)budget and 150 staff in an attempt to become darts champion of the world — despite being a darts novice.

Mr Irwin was a £50,000 ($94,302 USD)-a-year director for the charity Childline. He now spends four hours a day practising darts and hopes that if he just keeps “throwing them at the board” he will soon progress to professional level.

“I gave up my job with a view to playing darts professionally. I said I wanted to be a world champion at something at some point and I had gone through football, which I’m rubbish at, and I had gone through cricket and I thought I’m never going to do that. I looked at archery but that needs too much space and that pretty much leaves darts. If I play snooker I can try and hit a ball in from one end of the table to the other I would miss all day."

Mr Irwin is confident that he stands a chance... He has a three-dart average score of 60-65, as opposed to the 90-100 that he would need against world-class players. “I have played the odd game in the pub, but never for a team or anything like that.”
(Story:www.timesoline.co.uk)

Maybe he should auction himself and his darts off on Ebay to obtain sponsors.

At the very least he should start a blog to track his progress or lack of progress. At any rate he may be in over his head... only time will tell.

D.T.

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google