Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Barroom marksmen: Pub darts start and finish with a handshake, and friendly rivalries flourish in between

Minute Man Dart League members Dave West of Holbrook and Tami Kelley of Brockton show off their darts. (AMELIA KUNHARDT/The Patriot Ledger)

By LAUREN SILVA
For The Patriot Ledger

Luck of the Draw - that’s the name of the darts tournament on Thursday and Saturday nights at the Abington Town House. The rules are simple: Put your name in a hat, get matched with a partner and draw a pair of opponents. Each duo faces off, bracket style, until one team remains standing.

I was only planning on observing the Thursday night game - I am not good at darts - but the enthusiastic crowd of players at the Town House convinced me that my lack of skill didn’t matter.

‘‘Everyone starts somewhere,’’ they said. Next thing I knew, my name was in the hat and someone had thrust a beer into my hand.

I drew Pat Gannon for a teammate and we were paired against Bob Adamson and Fred Krueger.

Barroom marksmen: Pub darts start and finish with a handshake, and friendly rivalries flourish in between

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google