Videos - click to view


Sunday, October 19, 2008

Anchor open with a victory

REIGNING summer and winter season champions the Anchor Inn A won their opening fixture as the TRENT VALLEY DARTS LEAGUE got under way, writes MARTIN GALLIMORE.

The Anchor visited New Talbot B and were on the back foot as Barry Keable and Royston Hughes won the first doubles for the Talbot by beating Barry Yeomans and Andy Brown.

Mark Robinson and Daz Horler levelled it up, but Drew Smith and Mick Roe took them to a deciding leg.

Brown hit a maximum and put the Anchor ahead with a straight leg win over Terry Smith.
Yeomans set the Anchor up for a win by beating Keable in four legs.

Roe won the deciding leg in his game against Horler to take the match into a decider as Robinson hit 16 tons to get the Anchor off to a winning start by beating Hughes 3-1.

New Talbot A travelled to the Loaf & Cheese and got off to a similar start to the A side. Allan Martin and Tim Broadhurst got a three-leg victory over Paul Bailey and Rick Sudale.

Sue and Steve Redfern then met an in-form Stuart Lilley and George Beckett and lost in straight legs to level the match going into the singles.

Steve Redfern faced Lilley and lost out by the odd leg before Broadhurst bagged a checkout of 100 to beat former singles champion Sudale in straight legs. Sue Redfern also came up against her doubles opponent and failed to win a leg as Beckett had a 15-dart leg and ran up an impressive 17 tons.

Russ Mason rounded off a 4-2 win for the Loaf after he took all three legs against Martin.

The Victoria Inn C took on the Wheel Inn A and it was first blood to the Wheel as Tony Glover and Ray Gould took the deciding leg against Martin MacAulay and Keith Osman.

Mark James and Simon Healey levelled the match with a straight leg win over Frank Davis and James Wigley.

MacAulay then put the Vic ahead with a four-leg win over Wigley. Osman's only leg win in his game with Frank Davis was done in just 15 darts as the Wheel pulled level.

Healey hit the deciding double ahead of Glover to make it 3-2 to the Vic. Gould then had a 17-dart leg but James bettered that with a 15-dart leg and also took the deciding leg in the final game for the Vic to win 4-2.

The New Inn Tutbury began their return to the Premier League with a trip to Woodville to face the Joiners Arms.

The Joiners won both doubles games in straight legs - Ant Griffiths and Graham Cowley beating Steve Cross and Jim Scott and Ben Smith and Rob Frisby topping Evan Reddall and Sherrie Dodd.

Griffiths then beat Reddall 3-0 and a five-leg game between Smith and Dodd saw the Joiners go into a 4-0 lead.

Two of Frisby's 12 tons were maximums and he beat Cross in four legs. Frisby's 106 checkout was eclipsed only by Cowley, who hit a 158 outshot as he took three of the four legs against Scott to give the Joiners their first ever 6-0 win in the Premier League.

The Victoria Inn B team hosted the Old Talbot as they returned to the Premier League and the match ended 3-3.

Andy Morris beat Steve Shenton 3-1 to prevent all the points returning to Hilton.

(story source)

No comments:

search this site or the web...