Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

paul williams: Forums - Is Ladies Darts Dying

We have often wanted to increase the number of women playing in our league, but so far progress is slow. I found this post on one of my favorie forums. What do you think?

paul williams - Is Ladies Darts Dying: "When i started playing inour local ladies league 12 years ago there was 3 divisions of 11 teams....33 teams in one league...it was great!

Now 12 years on we have 1 division with 8 teams!

I think it's because the young girls are not interested in playing darts anymore....too many other things to do!

I'm the youngest person in our league...at the tender age of 28

Maybe if we make it to the olympics it might help improve things...make people realise it's not a pub game with fags and drink!

Shell x
©2005-2006, Shell, All Rights Reserved -- posted with permission."

Jump in and have your say at: http://mistadouble.proboards31.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women throwers are a bred of thier own. Most of the time we start playing because of men. I've been throwing for about 11yrs. I'm still throwing because of men, but now it's to show them we are worthy competitors.

Darttalker said...

I really think that you are right, and it's important that women do what they can to bring other women into the sport!

search this site or the web...

Google