Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stamford, Connecticut: The USA Dart Classic and why I'll never fly Delta Airlines again

I always enjoy a good story about any dart event, but sometimes it's easy to over look that getting there is half the battle! Here's a little of Mischelle Martell's story (Black Bull Darts http://www.blackbulldarts.com/)


It was early Thursday morning as I arrived at the Oakland Airport (almost 3 hours prior to my departing flight) and checked in at the “self-help” kiosk. I only had one piece of luggage, so I figured it would be a breeze to get it checked, since I knew ahead of time that there were issues with the security checkpoints, and had already placed all of the “liquid items” in my suitcase. I was only at the kiosk for 3 or so minutesgetting my boarding pass, when I’m directed toward a long line that made me feel like I was waiting to get on the Matterhorn ride at Disneyland.

The guard near the end of the line was announcing as to what passengers can not bring on board the plane, and as I approached him about my need to check my luggage first before getting into what I thought was the security line, he simply stated, “this is the line for checking your bags. Thirty Five minutes later, my bag goes aboard. I was starting to “sweat it” a little bit, because as my mother used to say when i was little, “If you’re early, you’re on time, and if you’re on time, you’re LATE”...yet I knew there’s still the security checkpoint to have to deal with. (The line for the security checkpoint zigzagged 5 times around a webbed "fence", straight back through the baggage claim and out the door toward the passenger drop-off area...I’d have to guess it was at least 8 times longer than the
line for luggage!)" Click this link for the full story....

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google