Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

tallahassee.com - "Bromberg gives some pointed advice about darts

tallahassee.com : "Bromberg gives some pointed advice about darts

By St. Clair Murraine
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Stacy Bromberg has represented the United States against some of the best competition around the world. She's the only woman in her sport who has been written up twice in Sports Illustrated.

She's just that good a dart player. The very best of female players in the nation, in fact. But Bromberg would tell you it's no big deal; she's just having fun.

“If I had to put it in words, the last 19 years that I've played I couldn't have bought it,” she said. “I couldn't put a price on it. If I wake up tomorrow morning and my right hand is dead, all I can do is thank God for what I've already gotten out of the sport. It's been a great ride.”

Bromberg brought her game to Tallahassee on Tuesday night, putting on an exhibition game and a clinic at the Salty Dawg Pub & Deli. For two hours, she gave a crash course to anyone who wanted to know how to become a better-than-average dart player.

Some of the people were newcomers. Others have played for years in a local city league that's played among 10 teams.

Everyone got Bromberg's spiel on how to be a good dart player. She must know, having been ranked the 32nd most-recognized athlete in Nevada by Sports Illustrated."

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google