Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Local News - Stamford Today: At home with darts champ Wolfie



AN anagram of Martin Adams' name, amazingly, is "I'm a darts man" – and right now he's king of the world. My pals have all been round," said the man they call "Wolfie" because of his lupine appearance, "but I'm still coming down to earth. The phone hasn't stopped ringing." Lest the newly-crowned British Darts Organisation world champion thought Sunday's nailbiting triumph over 500-1 underdog Phil Nixon was a glorious dream, the Congratulations cards – from such luminaries as Andy Fordham and Bobbie George – are there to prove it. They line the mantlepiece at the cosy Deeping St James home he shares with wife Sharon, and the mighty trophy itself – like a larger, shinier version of the FA Cup – remains within kissing distance. "It's going with me wherever I go," vows the genial giant in his Surrey brogue, feet up on the coffee table. "I'm not letting it out of my sight.
Local News - Stamford Today: At home with darts champ Wolfie
MARTIN ADAMS wants the ultimate honour after finally landing world title glory — an open-top tractor ride through East Anglia.

Adams, from Peterborough, is determined to enjoy the spoils of victory after a thrilling 7-6 BDO final triumph against qualifier Phill Nixon.

But instead of a gala reception with darts bigwigs or a tickertape parade, ‘Wolfie’, 50, wants to celebrate in his own Anglian style.

He said: “I’ll spend the next couple of days celebrating and then I’ll be going down to my local pub to milk it some more.

The Sun Online - Sport: Champ Adams' plough wow aim

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google