Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Don't write me off, says darts ace Peter Manley

Manley has been boosted by a sponsorship deal from pork scratchings firm Mr Porkys – but admits he has made a pig’s ear of the big tournaments with early exits in almost all the major events.

That has seen him slump to No16 in the world – his lowest ranking since the PDC was formed.

But the 46-year-old former world No1, famed for his feud with Phil Taylor, insists he’s not finished.

He said: “I’ve no doubt that people are writing me off and there’s probably a lot of my rivals who would love to see the back of me – I’m far from finished though.

“I’ve a great sponsor in Mr Porkys and I don’t want to let them down.

“You could say I’ve made a pig’s ear of the major events so far but I’ll be back.

“The birth oft he premier League has given me post-natal depression.

“We’ve got so used to playing in front of huge crowds that anything else is a let-down. It’s also tiring with all the travelling.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted that darts is booming but we have all had to adjust our game and stamina top cope with the demand.

“I also do a lot of exhibitions but I guess that’s had an effect on me too. I’ve been really busy.

“It’s disappointing to have slipped down the rankings but there’s a lot more darts to play yet this year and I’ve got time to redeem myself.”

Despite being ranked No1 in the PDC world rankings for over a year, Manley has managed to win only one major tournament with the PDC, the 2003 Las Vegas Desert Classic.

He has reached the World Championship final three times, but lost them all to his nemesis Taylor and two of those defeats were heavy 7-0 reversals. (story source...)

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google