Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, November 14, 2008

Injury hits Webby Grand Slam bid

INJURY could threaten Mark Webster's bid to add another major trophy to his impressive haul.
The BDO Lakeside World Professional Darts champion is seeded number four for the PartyPoker.com Grand Slam of Darts, which is held in Wolverhampton between November 15 and 23.

But preparations haven't gone too well ahead of Saturday and Mark said: "It's hard. I was just telling my mate I haven't been practising for a week with my arm.

"I've been to the physio and I don't know (what's wrong)."

Mark says he has a tough group draw for the event.

He must get through the challenge of two former Winmau World Masters champions if he is to make an impact as he has been drawn in the same group as 2004 World Masters winner Mervyn King and Dutch wonderkid Michael van Gerwen, who was a World Master two years ago.

Completing Group C is ITV Wildcard qualifier Colin McGarry.

Mark stated that King's form has been "brilliant" and he added: "I will be honest, I will be made up to get through my group."

It's carry on regardless for the Denbigh ace, who says he won't miss any of the big forthcoming tournaments.

"I'm going to play them all.

"I can still throw but if I play a long game I don't know how I will be."

Should Mark get through to round two, he could end up playing Clwyd county teammate and fellow world champion Anastasia Dobromyslova
All games will be shown live on ITV4, with a nightly highlights programme on ITV1. (story source...)

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google