Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hylton aims to mix with cream of PDC

LONGDON darts player Mark Hylton is hoping 2009 is the year he can start to climb the professional ladder.

Hylton has enjoyed success in the local leagues and open tournaments and now wants to transfer that form onto the PDC circuit.

He said: "The introduction of the upcoming PDC tour card means I have to start attracting sponsors.

"My main sponsor has had to pull out for the time being due to the credit crunch but still hopes to help in some ways.

"I will definitely be joining the PDC shortly so I can at least enter some of the competitions in the run-up to the UK Open."

Hylton nearly made an appearance at Lakeside, where the BDO World Championships were being held, but he fell at the last four stage in the regional tournament in Coventry.

"I lost in the semi-finals at Coventry to Darren Bennett of Mansfield who I believe played at Lakeside last Tuesday," he said.

"I played well all day and really thought I would win, especially after I hit a ten darter along the way.

"I was very disappointed not to make it but missed doubles cost me and that's the name of the game!"

Hylton recently did an exhibition in Ellesmere and hopes to do more in the next few months.

He said: "My exhibition at Ellesmere went really well. I played lots of superleague players and remained undefeated.

"Former ladies World Champion Anastasia Dobromyslova was there to watch with her husband Tony Martin, who I managed to beat a few times."

As well as being top of the averages in the local leagues, Hylton has also won a couple of open tournaments such as the Kenilworth Open, where he recorded one of several wins over a PDC professional.

"When I won the Kenilworth Open a couple of months ago, I managed to beat Dennis Smith in the final, who recently reached the third round of the World Championships.

"I have also beaten world number 15 Colin Osborne in the past six months, which proves that I can beat some of the best players in the world.

"With some more sponsorship to enable me to enter more events, I am confident I can gain the results that will help further my darts career."

To contact Hylton about sponsorship or exhibitions call 07947 216665 or see www.mark-mile-high-hylton.com.
(story source link...)
Hylton aims to mix with cream of PDC

Sunday, January 18, 2009, 08:00

Darren Plant

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google