Videos - click to view

Loading...
Loading...

Friday, January 30, 2009

TAYLOR: IMAGINE WHAT I’D BE WORTH IF I HAD BECKS APPEAL

The world’s greatest darts player is set to add another £50,000 to his personal fortune this weekend.

“Just imagine what I’d be worth if I had the image of David Beckham,” said Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor.

Taylor, a darts multi-millionaire, is hot favourite to win the Coral.co.uk Players Championship at Purfleet’s famous Circus Tavern, which starts today. He’s the best, but his image still bugs him.

“Sometimes I wish I’d bought the £10,000 suit and had an image like Beckham,” he reflects. “Lost some weight and looked the business.

“I would have earned a lot more, but, look, how do you change a sack of spuds? Had I worn the smart suit I would still look the same.

“Had I lost weight I’d only look like a smaller sack of spuds. I am what I am – a 48-year-old playing darts for a living and loving every minute. I intend to go on as long as I can.

“I have only been in Beckham’s company once and was too shy to go and say hello. I have so much time for him and how he and his wife Victoria handle themselves.

“That’s pressure – he lives with people threatening to kidnap his kids and things like that. He’s a real ambassador for England and I like to think I do my bit.” (full article...)

No comments:

search this site or the web...

Google